Some September 11 Families Angered by Museum Entry Fee

0
2

NEW YORK, NY (REUTERS).- Some family members of victims of the September 11, 2001 attacks expressed outrage on Wednesday at a potential admission fee to a National Memorial Museum currently under construction at the former site of the World Trade Center towers. Last week, president and chief executive of the National September 11 Memorial and Museum Joe Daniels told New York City council members about the possible $20 or $25 fee. He said the museum must generate enough income to operate, which memorial officials say could require between $50 and $60 million a year. The memorial portion will be free to enter. “This is not the Metropolitan Museum of Art. It’s supposed to be a memorial,” said former New York City Fire Department Deputy Chief Jim Riches, whose son, also a firefighter, was killed in the attacks. “I think it’s very crude.” “This was not supposed to be a money making thing. Most people will be coming