The AIPAD Photography Show New York
March 29–April 1, 2012
Park Avenue Armory, New York City
One of the most important international photography events, The AIPAD Photography Show New York will be presented by The Association of International Photography Art Dealers (AIPAD) from Thursday, March 29 through Sunday, April 1, 2012. Seventy-five of the world’s leading fine art photography galleries will present a wide range of museum-quality work—including contemporary, modern, and 19th-century photographs, as well as photo-based art, video, and new media—at the Park Avenue Armory (643 Park Avenue at 67th Street) in New York City.
Thursday, March 29, 11am–7pm
Friday, March 30, 11am–7pm
Saturday, March 31, 11am–7pm
Sunday, April 1, 11am–6pm
Tickets will be available at the door. Additional show information, including admission, is available at aipad.com, by calling AIPAD at 202-367-1158, or by emailing email@example.com.
OPENING NIGHT GALA, MARCH 28
The 32nd edition of The AIPAD Photography Show New York will open with a gala on Wednesday, March 28, from 5 to 9pm at the Park Avenue Armory to benefit inMotion, which provides free legal services to low-income women. For more information or to purchase tickets, please go to gala.aipad.com.
The AIPAD Photography Show will include galleries from New York City and across the U.S., as well as galleries from France, Germany, Great Britain, Argentina, Japan, and China. A full exhibitor list is available here.
Five panel discussions featuring leading curators, artists, dealers, and collectors will be held on Saturday, March 31. Due to increased demand, the panels will be held for the first time at a spacious auditorium at Hunter College in the Hunter West Building, Room HW615. (The entrance to the Hunter West Building is located on the corner of East 68th Street and Lexington Avenue, just one block from the Park Avenue Armory.) Additional details are available here.
A Conversation with Rineke Dijkstra
Interviewer: Jennifer Blessing, curator, photography, Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum, New York
Curator’s Choice: Emerging Artists in Photography
Moderator: Lindsay Pollock, editor in chief, Art in America
• Sarah Meister, curator, photography, The Museum of Modern Art, New York
• Christopher Phillips, curator, International Center for Photography, New York
• Joshua Chuang, assistant curator, photography, Yale University Art Gallery, New Haven
How to Collect Photographs: What Collectors Need to Know Now
Moderator: Steven Kasher, Steven Kasher Gallery, New York
• Kenneth Montague, director, Wedge Curatorial Projects, Toronto
• Joseph Baio, collector, New York
A Celebration of Francesca Woodman
Moderator: Robert Klein, Robert Klein Gallery, Boston
• Julia Bryan-Wilson, associate professor, art history, University of California, Berkeley
• Sloan Keck, designer, and friend of Francesca Woodman
• Elisabeth Subrin, artist, and assistant professor, film and media arts, Temple University, Philadelphia
Italian Contemporary Photography
Moderator: Sandra Phillips, senior curator, photography, San Francisco Museum of Modern Art
• Maria Antonella Pelizzari, exhibition curator and professor, history of photography, Hunter College and the Graduate Center, CUNY
• Yancey Richardson, Yancey Richardson Gallery, New York
• Julie Saul, Julie Saul Gallery, New York
• Olivo Barbieri, artist
Tickets are sold separately and can be purchased at the Park Avenue Armory during Show hours Thursday through Saturday). Seating is limited, and tickets are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Founded in 1979, The Association of International Photography Art Dealers (AIPAD) represents more than 120 of the world’s leading galleries in fine art photography. The organization is dedicated to creating and maintaining the highest standards of scholarship and ethical practice in the business of exhibiting, buying, and selling fine art photography. More information is available at aipad.com.