The Von der Heydt Museum Celebrates ‘Der Sturm’ Magazine & Galerie Der Sturm
Wuppertal, Germany.- The Von der Heydt Museum is proud to present “The Storm: The Center of the Avant-Garde”, on view at the museum from March 13th through June 10th. ‘Der Sturm’ (German: The Storm) was a magazine covering the expressionism movement founded in Berlin in 1910 by Herwarth Walden. It ran weekly until 1914 when it became a monthly publication and became a quarterly in 1924 until it ceased publication in 1932. This exhibition explores the history of the magazine and gallery and their influence on European art. The exhibition presents works of art from the great museums of the world, from the Berlinische Galerie in Berlin, the Kunstmuseum Bern, the Museum of Modern Art New York, the Centre Georges Pompidou in Paris, the Musée d’Art Moderne de la Ville de Paris, the Thyssen-Bornemisza in Madrid, the National Gallery in Washington and many others.