Sotheby’s Auction of Swiss Art from Private Collections Brought Excellent Results
ZURICH.- Monday’s « Swiss Art » Auction at
Sotheby’s Zurich realised CHF 5,862,875 (€ 3,878,878). The sale was 65% sold by
lot and 83.2% by value. In addition to landscapes and portraits by Hodler from
the private collection of his model Jeanne Charles, works by Ernest Biéler, Max
Buri as well as Giovanni and Augusto Giacometti also sold well under
the hammer of Dr. Claudia Steinfels, Director of Sotheby’s Zurich. Sotheby’s
Zurich holds « Swiss Art » auctions twice a year. The next one will take place
in Spring 2010.
- Hodler Paintings from a Private Collection Bring Excellent Results at Sotheby’s
- What’s the future for Miami’s public and private collections?
- Museum Kunst Palast Opens Exhibition by Swiss Artist Caspar Wolf
- Russian Art Sales Expected to Reach $81 Million for Auction Houses in London
- Museum Kunst Palast in Dusseldorf opens Per Kirkeby Retrospective