Postgraduate art program at École Nationale Supérieure des Beaux-Arts de Lyon
École Nationale Supérieure des Beaux-Arts de Lyon
Call for applications: Postgraduate art program
8, bis quai St-Vincent
69001 Lyon, France
Research Program Post-diplôme
Fine Arts Postgraduate Program
Recruitment for session starting September 2012
Deadline for applications: May 25, 2012 (Date of postage)
For all inquiries, please contact:
Assistant of Postgraduate Program, ENSBA Lyon
T +33 (0)4 72 00 11 60
In addition to its graduate courses, the ENSBA offers a one-year, postgraduate program with an international orientation, for a small group of student-researchers who have acquired at least a DNSEP or a Master’s degree.
In 1999, ENSBA, convinced that the singularity of an art school depends, among other things, on its freedom to reinvent itself and fully assume its role of transmission, decided to set up a postgraduate course program for a selected group of five young artists from different geographical backgrounds, already actively engaged in an art practice. During this yearlong program they are invited to pursue their work and will be given full access to the school’s facilities and studios. The development of individual work will be nourished through constant critical interaction, the creation of a collective project and opportunities for travel.
It is an articulation of elements that are too often kept separate: education and professionalism, the protected environment of the school and exposure to the world. The postgraduate program offers and involves a social experience based on openness to the exterior, which hopefully creates a certain form of destabilization.
The Postgraduate Art Program Lyon, 2012–2013:
- this thirteenth session will include five young artists (painter, sculptor, video artist, performer, photographer…) in a residence of one year
- the artists will enjoy a collective space in which to develop their work. The emphasis will be put on the growth of everyone’s work; on reflection and discussion with foreign and French personalities of distinction and varied horizons: artists, historians, art critics, curators, gallery owners, philosophers…
- during the selection procedure, the jury’s attention will be focused on the autonomy, the demonstrable artistic quality and the potential for the development of a work and an exchange with the other members of the postgraduate group.
François Piron is an art critic and curator. Since 2007, he has co-directed the independent exhibition space castillo / corrales and the bookstore section7books in Paris. From these structures, in 2008 he founded the publishing house Paraguay Press. Between 2001 and 2006, he co-directed the center of residential and creation Laboratoires d’Aubervilliers, founded the magazine Trouble, and has organized numerous exhibitions, recently at the Museo Nacional Reina Sofia in Madrid, and the Serralves Foundation in Porto.
- The successful candidates will each receive a grant of 4,000 EUR, paid in two installments.
- collective accommodation is offered to candidates in Lyon. In other places, possibilities of accommodation will be proposed.
Conditions for admission to the postgraduate course
- Applicants must hold a higher diploma (Master’s degree) from a recognized national or international school of art, architecture, etc.
- a shortlist will be drawn up on the basis of the applications
- admission consists of an interview with a jury composed of personalities from the art world.
Knowledge of French and/or English is mandatory.
Deadline for reception of applications: 25 May 2012
Interviews with shortlisted applicants: 26 & 27 June 2012
Information on the Program, applications and the admission procedure is available directly from the School or on its website:
Incoming search terms:
- Published News Upcoming News Submit a New Story Groups chicago museum of art
- Published News Upcoming News Submit a New Story Groups the art institute of
- Published News Upcoming News Submit a New Story Groups computer art equipment
- Published News Upcoming News Submit a New Story Groups netherlands
- Published News Upcoming News Submit a New Story Groups small
- Royal Academy of Arts Stage Premiums Featuring the Work of 16 Postgraduate Students
- Digital Arts and New Media MFA Program University of California, Santa Cruz: Call for applications
- Renaissance masterpiece by Francesco Xanto Avelli discovered by Lyon & Turnbull
- Biennale de Lyon
- National Endowment for the Arts welcomes new Administrator for Arts and Artifacts Indemnity Program