Miami Beach getting ready for Art Basel Art Fair in its 10th Edition
MIAMI BEACH – Live graffiti painting. A colossal rose bed soaring 20 feet high. Early photos of Andy Warhol , a Picasso up for auction and a naked woman living in a pig pen. They’re all part of the lineup for Art Basel Miami Beach , which runs Dec. 1-4, with a host of related events beginning Nov. 30. The pig pen installation will undoubtedly be the most jaw-dropping event at the art fair. Known for photographing herself nude in subway tunnels or in front of graffiti walls, performance artist Miru Kim will be living with pigs for her performance “The Pig That Therefore I Am.” The pig pen installation will be among the Primary Flight shows. “Some people are really going to love it. Some are going to be shocked. And a handful won’t really get it,” said Primary Flight founder Books Bischof.
- Miami Beach getting ready for Art Basel art fair in its 10th edition in South Florida
- Art Basel Miami Beach 2009: Eighth Edition of America’s Most Prestigious Art Show Opens
- Art Basel Miami Beach 2010 Announces Art Public: 9 Public Art Works in Miami Beach
- Art Basel Miami Beach 2009 ~ America’s Most Prestigious Art Show Opens
- High Quality and Very Solid Sales at Art Basel Miami Beach 2009